Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, July 15, 2013

Beunos Tardes!

I continue to be amazed with the Bolivian people, especially those who are members of Florida Norte.  Their love of life and love for others is truly remarkable.  Even though we are relative strangers, our brothers and sisters in Christ continue to embrace us and enrich our lives. 

I previously wrote of two highpoints in our trip, at least from my perspective.  They were the opportunities I had to speak with Pastor Jaime and with Pastor Jouse, respectively. (He is, you may recall, the director of the Berean seminary where the church retreat was held.)  Well, I had another highpoint   Late in the day on Saturday, I stepped into the courtyard of the seminary.  Pastor Jouse surprised me.  He had an American football in hand and was eager to learn.  He and I, along with Noah and Micah, played catch for half an hour.  In the process, we taught him a few things about running patterns and how to catch the ball.  When the members of Florida Norte finished with their finally session of the day, a few of the boys and some of the older men sought me out.  They wanted me to show them how to throw an American football.  I enjoyed teaching them.  A few of them were quick learners and were soon throwing good spirals.  As some of you know, I am a huge football fan (American style, that is) and could have easily spent hours throwing and catching.

This morning, Paige and I were privileged to speak to 30 plus pastors and their wives.  I was asked to speak about persevering in ministry.   It went well, I think.  Paige, however, was a huge success.  The pastors’ wives said they would love for her to return and do a day-long retreat just for them.  As I have already written to a few of you, Paige gave voice to some of the struggles pastors’ wives have.  Evidently, this is not a subject that is talked about often, if at all.  I believe the pastors benefited from what she said, too. 

The bulk of our work is done.  Tomorrow, we will spend some time at an orphanage.  In the evening we will gather for a tearful goodbye celebration with God’s people at Florida Norte.  On Wednesday, we will do some more shopping and sightseeing.  Then, we will prepare for a very long journey home. 

I trust all of you are well.  You are in our prayers, even as we are in yours.  I look forward to seeing all of you.

In Living Hope,

Pr. Jensen

1 comment:

  1. Praying for great direction in your final hours. That God will not only transform some of you, but will water the seed that y'all planted for His Kingdom. Have a safe and restful trip home.

    Scott (Rolltide)

    ReplyDelete